The symbol of our Monastery, the Burning Bush, was chosen by our founder, Father Aelred Wall, as an image of the desert. It is taken from the book of Exodus 3.2 where Moses encounters the living God. Within the image is the cross of Christ - revealing `Christ in the Desert'.
Share your love throughout the year by giving a gift that reminds your family, friends and associates that every place is holy and it is possible to meet God where you stand. As the story reminds us, gifts of meaning cannot be consumed; they can be experienced only in love.
Consider selecting one or more of the following gifts to offer to those on your list for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, baptisms, and any celebration. In doing so, you also share your love to benefit the life of the Monastery.
We will send you, or your recipient, a beautiful card handcrafted by the monks to acknowledge your gift.
Here's How It Works:
1. Review the list below for gift ideas.
2. At the bottom of the list are highlighted links that correspond to the gift ideas. Click to select your gift(s). There are instructions on each page to walk you through the ordering process.
3. After you select your gift(s), you will be connected to our ordering page where you will type in your information. If you would like the acknowledgment card sent to you, put in your address in the "Ship To" section; if you want it sent to the recipient, put in their address in the "Ship To" section.
4. Continue following the prompts on each page to complete your order.
5. If you experience difficulties and need assistance, please email Br. Bruno at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Your gifts will be processed promptly. It will take about one week to receive your acknowledgment card.
Transporting our recyclable materials to the center, 50 miles away
Upgrading our solar power system to support necessary expansion
Completing the upgrade of our water system
Maintaining and expanding our meditation gardens and grounds
Building accessible ramp and pathway to the church from the parking lot
Repairing, insulating and re-stuccoing the exterior walls of the Guest House
Worship and Community
Providing altar flowers, candles and incense for the church
Supporting the growth of the community through the monks' annual retreat
Education of a Monk
Maintaining and expanding Monastery Library
Studying at a university
Assisting the widowed mother of a monk with food and housing
Visiting the family, once every two years, for each monk
Design Your Own Gift
Customize the purpose and the amount you would like to spend. Use the above areas, or, for additional ideas, please see the link to "Current Monastery Needs" on the left column of this page.
Links to Purchase Your Gifts